(In order of appearance in the Correspondences.)
- Shaun Donato, the first to be possessed in the series (though not chronologically).
- Status: Dead.
- Ross Meyer, friend of Shaun's.
- Status: Living on the run.
- Amy Hutchins, Shaun's girlfriend.
- Status: Dead.
- Samantha Cross, a mutual friend; threw the party where Shaun first saw the old woman.
- Status: Alive?
- Jennifer Brooks, a reporter whose articles appear in Correspondences 2 and 4
- Detective Peter Roberts and officer Leslie Bronson, found Shaun's body while investigating missing person's report in Correspondence 2
- Officer Darrel Sanders and Officer Nolan Lee, killed by Amy Hutchins in Correspondence 4
- Christopher and Caprice Ellis, the couple who moved into Shaun's house (Correspondence 5)
- Statuses: Unknown
- Steven Carter, their landlord
- John Mallard, Shaun's neighbour whose reddit posts were reposted as Correspondences 6 and 6.5
- Status: Dead?
- Eileen Donato, Shaun's mother, who e-mailed Shaun in 2002 in Correspondence 8
- Jason Peterson, who went to the Hell House and uploaded the photos to reddit with the username JasonPeterson (Revelations 1)
- Status: Dead or possessed
- Amanda Cooper, also went to the Hell House, moved to North Carolina (Revelations 2)
- Status: Alive (but not for long)
- Dr. Theodore Raymond, Amanda's therapist in Toronto
- Doctor Anne Hardwick, Amanda's therapist in Raleigh
- Daniel Sommers, Indiana University professor and author of Twenty-first Century Haunting (Revelations 4)
- Nicole Watts, Jason's girlfriend, who redditors e-mailed in Revelations 4.5
- Status: Missing
- Cindy Watts, Nicole's mother
- Tabatha Watts, Nicole's aunt
“Had the earliest known contact with Abalam / the old woman / the demon, sometime in 2009 in...Samantha Cross
“Jason Peterson has a dog named Toast. He visited the Hell House in 2009 with Samantha Cross and...Jason Peterson
“Correspondence:;//4 is the emergency call log from May 11, 2011 between the operator and Amy...Correspondence 4